? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Well Baby Well Baby Well

The title of the blog was a lame attempt at a twist on a No Doubt song. The attempt failed, I know.

Anyway, J had his 2 year Well Baby Checkup on Friday. (Yes, it was 2 months late but that's because we were out of town and our awesome doctor's office doesn't let you schedule anything until the same month of your needed appointment. If they let you schedule things ahead of time, there probably wouldn't be so many problems and complaints, but what do they care? They still get paid).

Sorry, got lost there for a minute, back to the results of his appointment. He is only in the 35th percentile for weight, weighing in at 27.9 pounds. I am pretty sure the last time I went and they weighed him on the infant scale he was just under 30 pounds, and if you have ever picked that boy up, you know that he is rather...solid.  Either way, the doctor wasn't concerned. Honestly, take one look at the size of me and applaud the fact that he is 35th percentile. For height, he is in the 75th to 85th percentile! He was kind of in the middle and they round it off.  I think he was almost 37 inches. I can't really explain the insane height, except that A's Mom's side of the family is pretty tall.

After weight, height, and all the vitals we saw J's PCM. I am usually pretty frustrated because I get a letter in the mail almost every month saying his PCM has changed...yet again. But I couldn't have been happier to realize that his new PCM was the doctor I had the entire time I was pregnant with him. She is simply amazing and knows our family so well! I run into her everytime I am at the doctor's and she never fails to ask us how we are all doing. I even ran into her at a consignment sale and she is always genuinely happy to see us. She made me feel like the best mom in the world by telling me that her son's favorite food is cookies, after I told her J's is currently eggs and grapes and also that I can continue to give J a bottle before nap and bed because it's not worth the fight until A comes home.  I actually started weaning anyway, but just knowing that if I want to give up the fight I can, makes me feel great.

Finally, we headed to immunizations where he only had one shot, but he screamed and then pouted (bottom lip stuck out as far as possible) all the way to the car and down the road until I told him he could have ice cream when we got home.

3 comments:

jane doe said...

Benny still has bottle too. I threw most of them out but i found some hidden under his changing table. Like you I am going to wait till j is home for good. I only give them at bed and nap too. :)

Barbara said...

I love a doctor with common sense! Don't feel bad about the bottle. Jorden had a binky until she was 3 because I didn't want to take it away when Jason was in Korea. The worst thing you can do is take away their one item of security during a deployment.

whitaker imagery said...

I love you baby seester....and don't EVER question any decision you make as a mommy. You are the best and only person for J, which means any decision you make from your heart for that little man is the RIGHT one. Every kid and every family is different and has different needs, and guess what...at least one (okay maybe way more, but without any doubt one) person in this world not only thinks but KNOWS you are the best mommy in the world <3