? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, September 5, 2010

No MacGyver Here.

I'm sad to say, it's true.  J. gave me an ultimate MacGyver test today, and I failed, resulting in me having to jump out a window. It all sounds so brave and exciting, I know.  Sadly, it was simply just a frustrating pain in the rear. Read on...

Setting up the toddler bed ten months ago resulted in the brilliant idea to turn J's doorknob around so that it locked from the outside. This was necessary for two reasons: 1. He often fights naptime and tries to escape and 2. I fear that he will become a sleepwalker just as I was when I was younger. In the beginning, I was smart to put one of the door keys on the inside of his room in the event he ever tried to lock us in. I applauded my geniousness about a month ago when he did just that. Locked his door and closed it on my while I was vacuuming his room. Unfortunately, I must not have put the key back, because when he turned the lock, came inside and slammed the door today, locking both of us and the dog in his room today, I couldn't find the key. I tried to use his animal flash cards to free the latch, I bent a hanger to try to turn the lock, but my MacGyver instincts just aren't there. (I'm sure all MacGyver would have needed was a piece of chewing gum and a match). My only hope was to jump the window and go across the street to C's house to get our house keys (since of course all my doors were locked) and let ourselves back in. Two problems: I couldn't tell if C. was home and I couldn't get the screen out of the window. After 10 minutes of committed effort, I finally freed us and to my great relief, C was home. We jumped the window (which is really two feet from the ground), got C's extra key to our house, and we were back in.

Honestly, who gets locked IN their own house!? Lesson learned, the key is back inside J's room.

1 comments:

...Yvonne said...

hahahaha that's hilarious...

yeah i don't know that i'll do the whole locking from the outside thing! i just put the doorknob cover on her knob and make sure the door is firmly closed. thankfully she hasn't figured out how to take it apart yet :) knock on wood!