? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, August 30, 2010

It's the little things...

It's almost September! Before it's even here, I know it is my favorite month (so far) this year!  A. will be home very soon, the countdown is almost in single digits.

Of course I look forward to the obvious things:

*Seeing his face.
*Hugging and kissing him.
*Seeing him with J.
*Seeing J with him.

...and the big things:

*Our vacation to OBX.
*At least one date night.
*A barbecue with friends.
*Not dealing with the dog.

...but it's the little things that I really miss and look forward to:

*Holding his hand in the car.
*Doing his laundry. (Gasp, it's true. I can't wait).
*Peeing with the bathroom door closed and a two year old on the other side of it.
*Showering without worrying what J. is doing.
*Showering without J. stripping down and jumping in.
*Testing my new recipes on him.
*Watching football together.
*Trading off bedtime duties.
*Eating without a sticky fork.
*Fighting over whether the sheets stay tucked in or untucked.
*Help keeping J. seated in a grocery store cart.

...and as soon as we get comfortable, it will be time for him to leave again. I, however, refuse to focus on that just yet. He will be in my arms soon, he will hold and play with his baby in no time, and that's all that matters for now.

1 comments:

Erin Wheeler said...

ok ok ok you are making me feel guilty enough about wanting to pause and not allow September to come. I changed my mind, ok!~?