? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, October 20, 2008

A Housewife's Introduction

housewife Pictures, Images and PhotosI'm not really a desperate housewife (although I do love the show and all its quirky drama), but I am a housewife. On top of that, I am an army wife and a proud mother to my almost (as in 2 days almost) 5 month old son, Julian. My husband, Andrew, has been in the military for almost 4 years. We will be making a decision within the next month on whether or not he will be staying in for yet another 4 years (more to come on that at a later time).

I used to be a teacher, but as soon as Julian came along, I was given the gift of a new title: Domestic Goddess. Although, I don't think I am quite at 'goddess' status just yet, I'm still learning my way around that room in the house we refer to as a kitchen. To be honest, I'm more like a Domestic Apprentice. It's all very new and overwhelming at times. In fact, I find myself calling one of my 3 sisters quite often to find out simple recipes that most people have stored away in their memory since, oh I don't know-age 2? I had no idea that meatloaf had other ingredients besides ground beef, I always thought you just crammed all that meat into one of those dishes, stuck it in the oven, and called it meatloaf because it looks like a loaf of bread. It's amazing what ketchup and breadcrumbs can do for a meal.

Speaking of cooking a meal-I've had a crockpot since my bridal shower 2 years ago. The recipe book for it just fell from the heavens (ok the cabinet above the stove) yesterday. I took a quick peak, and you'll never guess what happened! I actually opened the crockpot box, took the whole machine (I think we can call it a machine, right?) out, and today I am making Beef Stew! Maybe I am on my way up this Domestic ladder after all?

0 comments: