? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jury Duty

I was summonsed for Jury Duty and served my 'sentence' on Monday. There were 300 people called in for this particular day and not a single person was called in to trial. We sat in a room set up like an airport from 8am until 5pm. You know the like-uncomfortable seats attached by the arm, tall windows that let you see the outside world but are a constant reminder letting you know that you are trapped inside. I brought a book to read (no newspapers allowed) but didn't get past the first paragraph due to a well meaning, but all too self absorbed man telling me all about his trucking business and every item he has ever delivered and every city he has ever visited. He's the type that if you mention an experience in your own life, he's had the same experience or an even better/worse one (depending on the situation). He is what Andrew and I call the "one-upper".

J went to a babysitter (a good friend of ours with 2 children of her own). I was a mild wreck for most of the day, but Andrew went to check on him at lunchtime, while I ran home and pumped the overflowing milk out of my breasts. (And when I say ran, I mean drove my car 30 mph over the speed limit in a panic that my boobs would rupture and we would need to call in a hazard team to clean up the milk debris left all over the road).

Now J has a cold (presumably from said friend's 15 month old being all too sweet and sharing his pacifier). It's his 1st cold and he is miserable. Snot running out his nostrils and into the back of his throat making him choke. Slight fever. Restless sleep. Poor little man. Now my aunt has suggested a cool mist vaporizer (not a hot air vaporizers "hot air vaporizers are bad") so as soon as he wakes up and I bundle him up, we are on our way to Target for this handy little contraption...only-I don't even know what section of the store to look for it. We might be out for awhile...

And here I am about to put an end to this "all bad things stem from Jury Duty" blog and I hear a major crash. A tree branch just broke off in the backyard and came crashing down on our patio set knocking over a chair onto the brick patio. Needless to say, the baby is awake-again.

0 comments: