? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vick's Baby Rub

After locating the cutest cool mist humidifier (shaped like a frog!) I sought out the Vick's Baby Rub. My plan was to put some in J's bath and some on his chest before bed, but the jar specifically says not to put it in the bath. Audrey came over and told me she had heard of people putting the Vick's on the botton of their baby's feet to help with congestion and then my memory was triggered. My neighbor did that with her daughter when she had a terrible cold. I never found out if it worked for her or not, but decided to give it a try.

J had a nice warm bath, got lotion on his little chapped cheeks and Vick's on the bottom of his feet. He slept better than the night before, but when he woke up at 4:30am he seemed to be sicker than yesterday. (Are cold's actually worse at night or do they just seem that way from utter exhaustion?) He ate, but woke up everytime I put him down in his crib. Andrew had to get up at 5, so I just layed J down on A's side of the bed, loaded his feet up with the Vick's again, and voila! He slept until 9am!

He still has the cold (we can't expect miracles here) but I am sticking with the foot theory. It works for us!

0 comments: