? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Caught Greasy Handed

Boys are adventurous, curious, busy little creatures.  I understand many girls have the same instincts, but I have given birth to the epitome of a boy.  Today, in the thirty minutes it took him to climb into his bed for a nap, J single-handedly destroyed his glider rocking chair and ottoman.  I wondered, when going in to get him after his nap, why he was all greasy and smelly, and then I turned to see globs of white sunsceen smeared all over his chair, ottoman, wall, and carpet.  I wiped everything down, poured cornstarch to soak up the oil (which actually did help a bit), and through the pads in the wash (because of course the fabric doesn't just slide off for easy cleaning).  The ottoman had to be hand scrubbed, but even the hailed spot bot wouldn't take it out.  The washing of the pads was a failure as well.  Everything is still white, smelly, and disgusting.  Hopefully some more cornstarch will pull out most of the grease and Audrey and I can tackle the job of reupholstering.  And just so we're clear-when I say Audrey and I, what I most definitely mean is Audrey, while I watch and make meaningful noises (think a lot of hmmms and ahhhs) that project I know what I am doing and shout words of praise and encouragement in her general direction. 

The success of the carpet cleaning will have to wait until tomorrow when I steal my neighbor's shampooer.  This may be the push I needed to rip up the carpet in the rest of the house as A has been hinting at for over a year now.

PS. I know I didn't blog yesterday, but I don't feel bad about it. Technically I did, as I was a guest blogger on another blog.
PPS.  I still think J is the cutest kid in the entire world.

Peak: J cuddled with me on the couch for 40 minutes before bed (resulting in a seriously late bedtime because I didn't want to move), he didn't cry when I cut his nails (quite possibly a first), and he's still cute.
Pitt: While cleaning the sunscreen mess, I suddenly realized Abby wasn't underfoot. When I asked J where she was his response was "All gone!"  She got out of our gate (for the second time in a month)!  I ran out with J to find her thinking I could care less if someone else took her in as their own, but sure enough she was right across the street.  (I'm not sure if the pitt is that she got out, or that I found her...kidding....kind of).

Andre Update: We talked yesterday on Skype and then again on the phone before I went to bed (that was a nice surprise, but there were some FRG questions that needed answering and he wanted to answer them right away).  He really sounds good, I just can't wait to see his face!

0 comments: