? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Last To Know

I am officially the last person to know everything!  I have at least eight friends (and I am sure I am missing a few) who are pregnant right now and I'm pretty sure I was the last to figure out each and every one of them.  With recent events, I am sure I subconsciously turned a blind eye to it.  I will admit that when finding out about each one of them, my first reaction was envy.  I asked a lot of why's, mostly 'why me?' in the beginning, but I shook that feeling fast.  I could not be happier that God has blessed these women and their families with new life and I am now at peace feeling that God has another plan for A and I, J too for that matter.

On another Last to Know note, A's battery is currently deployed with another batallion.  The rest of the batteries have recently returned home from a year in Afghanistan and A's battery is the only battery deployed from our battallion now.  (I understand that this is confusing to those of you who are not military affiliated, but just hang with me!)  Since all of the other batteries are home, we have a lot of events including balls, change of commands and hail and farewells.  When I am informed of an event, I am usually informed just hours before the event is to take place.  There have been times when I have been told in advance and just couldn't attend due to my east coast travels, but tonight I was told just an hour before a hail and farewell was to take place.  I may have just blown it off, but not only was it at my favorite restaurant, but it is also a chance for me to get out, take time for myself, and eat without a sticky fork.  With just an hour to find a sitter (and J still napping) it looked as though if I wanted to get out, he was coming with me.  I packed smartly (books, crayons, cars, cup, bottle, blankies, favorite snacks-you name it, I had it).  Just as I put J in his seat, JR called and offered his wife's babysitting services.  I called S and asked if I could bring J by for a couple hours, but I also had my reservations.  JR and S have 4 girls, including a newborn, and I wouldn't be picking him up until it was dangerously close to bedtime.  I hesitantly left him, convincing myself the entire time that I was doing the right thing.  He didn't cry when I left (a first!), he behaved, and S had all of her in place when I picked him up.  I suppose in the end I did do the right thing for myself, I just hope and I didn't drive S crazy and that I wasn't being to selfish. S is truly a saint for taking on five kids.  Hopefully there won't be a "last to know" next time, but if there is, I plan to either skip the event or bring J along with me and storm the heavens with prayer that he is a pleasant dining guest.

Peak: Seeing friends and relaxing a bit
Pitt: Not relaxing completely because I was feeling guilty about leaving J

Andre Update: We talked on the phone this morning, still not "home"

0 comments: