? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, April 5, 2010

Flight Stories

Of course I have flight stories! My flight heading to Philadelphia was just too simple, so why should it be simple returning home?  I learned the hard way that U.S. Air oversells every flight in hopes that people won't show up or miss their flights, thus leaving them with a full flight no matter what.  I also learned that when you purchase one of the oversold tickets, you don't know you're doing it-the airline conveniently leaves that part out.

Needless to say, I was the not so proud owner of one of those 'oversold' tickets.  Everyone showed up for the flight, and no one volunteered to give up their seat for a $100.00 voucher off their next ticket purchase.  J began melting down while the flight was boarding. He was scratching my face and neck so badly. Time out was working (he was getting down off the chair and banging his head on the floor), people were giving me the "what a terrible child, what a terrible parent" look, and I could feel the tears prickling in my eyes....and then I was told that I didn't have a seat.  The tears streamed!  I called A's Aunt Donna immediately (she used to work for U.S. Air and knows the business inside and out).  I was told by the ticket agent I could run to terminal A (reminder-this is the philadelphia airport. I was in terminal c!) and try to get on the 3:40 flight (my flight was originally at 1:35, but had been delayed, so at this point, 3:40 wasn't too far off).  I should probably also let you know that I didn't bring a stroller and was down to 1 diaper and 2 wipes!  Long story short-there was no way for me to make this flight (it was oversold as well too, so luck was not on my side) and Aunt Donna instructed me on how to convince them to compensate me.  They gave me a $140.00 check (for cash, not a voucher!) and food vouchers, so we could eat for free while we waited.  I didn't confirmed on a flight until 6:35pm. Too bad the food voucher wasn't good for alcohol, I had whisky on the brain.

Miraculously, J began to behave, but was in desperate need of a diaper change.  Now I have no diapers and guess what happened 30 minutes later?  (I'm not answering, just use your imagination).  I had to find a friend who had a child the same size as J, explain my story, and ask (completely embarrassed) if I could have a diaper.  She sweetly gave me 3, gave J two little bug toys, and the kids played together for a little while.  I could not have found a sweeter, calmer family to befriend.  The husband/father even offered me their stroller to take J for a walk and get our dinner.  I gladly accepted.  J gets heavy after 6 hours in an airport.

Peak: Seeing J fall fast asleep on Aunt Dee before we left for the airport.
Pitt: Being trapped in an airport all day.

✯J's Latest & Greatest: He can now identify a bus and a plane. Unfortunately after 6 hours in an airport and listening to him point out every bus and plane, the words get a little annoying. It will be cute again tomorrow.

Andre Update: I talked to him this morning before we left for the airport. He sounds in good spirits, but is not at "home" so we weren't able to Skype. He also got to say Hi to M, C, and the kids. (MiaMoo told him that she was going to see Dragon in the Land, aka How to Train Your Dragon).

0 comments: