? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, April 9, 2010

Missing You

I had a sudden and overwhelming flood of emotion today while talking to A on Skype.  The reality of how quickly J is growing and changing and how much A is missing came out of nowhere and slapped me in the face.  I call it a slap in the face because it actually made me ache.  We are only three months into this and it won't be until September that our beloved husband/daddy gets to come home on R&R (Rest and Relaxation).  I miss him so much that watching the slideshow screensaver on my computer today made me want to cry.  To feel his embrace, to just be in his presence-it is such an uplifting and comforting feeling that we all take for granted until it is gone.  I called Grandma tonight. She always asks about A and is always good about reminding me how good we have it compared to Grandpa's time in WWII.  That was helpful and I am feeling better tonight.

Speaking of Grandma-today is her 90th birthday.  56 years ago today, she gave birth to my Daddy.  In case you aren't following, that means today is my Daddy's 56th birthday!  Both are remarkable people who I have looked up to my entire life.  My Grandmother is full of energy, health, and always has wonderful advice (let's face it-she has had 90 years to get things right!)  My Daddy is the smartest person I know and always has something witty and humorous to say.  He is the best person to turn to if you need cheering up because he can always say just the thing to make you laugh.  Both my Grandma and my Dad have a deep unconditional love for their children and grandchildren (great grandchildren too!) that I hope my children and future grandchildren will feel from me as they grow.

Happy 90th Grandma!

Happy 56th Daddy!

Peak: Running all over the playground with J
Pitt: Missing him ♥

J's Latest and Greatest: He really enjoys it when Abby sits on his lap and rocks with him.

He is no longer afraid to lay down in the bathtub, but does not like the water going over his ears.  Instead of covering them with the palms of his hands, he uses the backs of them.

He got new Jammies! They are very fitting since he now says "hug!" at least 3 times before bed everynight and puts a tight hold on you so can't move until he says so!

Andre Update: He is home again so I get to see his handsome face and J gets to show off for his Daddy!

1 comments:

Barbara said...

Congratulations. You just experienced the "deployment crash". That's where you keep going like everything's normal and about 2-3 months in you crash and land in a major funk. I love how all those "experts" tell you everything you need to expect during deployment except for that one. But the good news is that now that you've had it, the only direction is up. We've all been through it, so I know you'll be alright :-)