? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Next Best Thing...

Just as I was about to turn my computer off last night due to a "critical battery" I heard the best noise in the world (Julian's giggle and Andrew's voice aside).  It was the wonderful world of Skype calling me, and on the other end was ::pause for dramatic effect::  Andre!  It was very slow, but I got to see his lovely face and even many beautiful smiles.  I really needed to see that he was doing well, especially with all that has happened since he left.    The feed was painfully slow, but not enough to keep me away.  I can't wait until we can find a time to skype while Julian is awake.  He loves the videos Andrew made for him before he left.  We watch them often. So often in fact, I can recite entire fables and stories.  It was something I had hoped I wouldn't be able to do for a few more months, but trust me, I have no problem letting J watching them as often as often as he would like.

Onto to today's events...crap, what did I do today?  Oh! I got a ticket to the red carpet premiere of Dear John on Fort Bragg.  Nicholas Sparks, Channing Tatum, and Amanda Seyfried will all be there.  This is like the next best thing to being famous right? 

I didn't really do anything else exciting other than go to the orthodontist (wooo).  But when Julian attempted his nap today (and failed miserably), I let him out of his room after an hour of trying only to realize he had taken off all of his clothes!  He was working on his diaper when I walked in and just started laughing hysterically!  After catching his breath my little streaker baby ran through the house to wake up Memere from her nap.  I got see Kim and Audrey for a few minutes today too.  Always perks in my book!

Finally, because I'm a dork and I think about blogging before I go to sleep, last night I decided to add a peak (the best part of my day) and pitt (the worst part of my day) to the end of each blog, in addition to Andrew updates.  I may repeat something I already said (with much less detail of course) but you'll learn to deal.  So here is the start:

Peak: Getting a ticket to the red carpet premier of Dear John.
Pitt: Julian didn't take a nap.

Andre Update: No word today, only skype last night.  He looks and seems well.  Gosh is he handsome!

PS. After mom leaves I will probably be heading to bed earlier, at which point I will have the time to spice up my blogs more with pictures and more fun!

2 comments:

nikita109 said...

Diane...I love you, you are an inspiration!

mismumma said...

I love you Di. I look forward to reading every day. You are so strong, and I KNOW you know this. Being a mother with little to no help is the hardest thing you will ever have to do, but at the same time, the BEST thing you will ever do. You are doing an amazing job juggling everything and coping with the separation of your love. And PS he IS handsome!! Just like his little buddy J. But keep your head up, be strong, and take your lovely friends up on a break here and there. It's hard to leave him, but it's so fun coming back after you've been gone for a while. He's so excited to see you! Such a good feeling, right? It's good for you to step back from time to time just to maintain your sanity and get away and just do something for you. I myself am in cloud 9 if I get to go to Target alone! I literally wander up and down every aisle, taking my time, soaking it all in.. it's heavenly!
So, you keep these blogs up- they're great, you're great. You keep writing, we'll keep encouraging you and supporting you in any way that we can. Love you!!!

Val