? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

I laughed at the fact that governor Bev Perdue declared North Carolina in a state of emergency last night.  I smirked at the email from church saying that childcare and religious education was cancelled (but church was still open).  And then I attempted to drive to church this morning...

Being from Maine, I have years of experience driving in snow and ice.  The first time I ever drove in Driver's Ed. was in a blizzard.  I have an all wheel drive vehicle.  None of these things stopped me from sliding out of our neighborhood and into the street (I probably could have stopped, but saw nothing coming, so chose not to).  I should have turned around at the point, but figured it was just bad in the neighborhood and that the other roads would be fine.  WRONG!  Clearly North Carolina only owns one snowplow (which Amy said she saw on the news that it slid into a ditch last night!) and they don't know how to use sand and salt.  In fact-they didn't use it at all and nothing seemed to be plowed.  I slid in one spot on the way home, but not too bad. 

After finally making it home from church safely, I had to make the decision whether or not to pull my car into the driveway (it is downhill into the garage and a sheet of ice) or leave it on the sidewalk where it had good potential of being hit by another sliding car.  I made the ultimate decision to pull into the garage, using my Maine snow & ice driving skills.  Except I tapped the break toward the bottom of the hill and slid straight for the back of Andrew's truck.  It was so slow motion that I said "hang on Julian, we are going to hit Daddy's truck" Only we didn't, because I am awesome and stopped the car and maneuvered it into the garage safe and sound. This is what my driveway looked like at about 1:00 this afternoon (after the sun had melted some of the ice at the bottom of the driveway).  The entire thing was covered when I came home though.

In hindsight, Mass could have (and should have) been watched on TV and I now understand why Bev Perdue did what she did-because North Carolina sucks at clearing roads (I will refrain from ranting about my stand on her politics).  School is already closed for tomorrow because the back roads are still a mess, as is our neighborhood.  This would be laughable in the face of Mainahs!  I miss home.

Peak: Julian behaved fabulously at church without childcare!  He got so many compliments on his behavior.
Pitt: Can't say the same for his behavior at home.  I think he had a headache, he kept holding his head.  Poor baby. Poor tired Mommy.

Andre Update: My dearest Andre needs to learn how to send me e-mails that tell me how much he loves me and is thinking about me instead of just about taxes with zero words of encouragement.  I know your busy babe, but I need you.  No word today, just about boring tax stuff.

0 comments: