? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

365 Days of Blogging

Technically it will only be 362 days of blogging since we are already a few days into this deployment. And technically I can't take the credit for this idea. My best friend (read bff) Kim, whose husband also just deployed, decided to blog for the next year and I agree that it is a wonderful way to let it all out, keep busy, and keep others updated.  I tried to start a blog (and stopped (ahem, failed) just over a year ago.  All previous blogs were written under the blog title "Confessions of a Desperate Housewife", which explains a lot of my ranting.  Life is forever changing, and here we are.  One year later and facing a year long deployment.
And with that, I begin...

I wish I could say this deployment is off to a good start, but we have already experienced tragedy. It seems that everytime a loved one leaves us for a period of time, something immediately goes wrong. After losing our baby at 8 weeks pregnant the day after sending my husband off to war, it seems that the flat tires and broken garbage disposals are entirely insignifcant. I learn just how much strength is in me with each passing day and I am forever grateful to God for guiding me through this very difficult time in our lives. I am also thankful for the many friends and family that have given me their support and prayers. My mom flew in yesterday and has been here helping with Julian, the five loads of laundry I managed to hoard in our closets, and making delicious dinners.
The healing and grieving process is underway. I still have moments of great sadness and beginning today, moments of great anger, but with all of this support and by the grace of God, I will be back to my witty self in no time and these blogs should be much, much more uplifting. Until then, I leave with these loving words to our angel...
Sweet Child,

God loved you so much, he wanted to keep you to himself. Watch over Daddy and keep him safe. You are his new guardian Angel. Until we meet in heaven dear one, I will always hold a special place in my heart for you.

2 comments:

The Power Family said...

*tears* Love you D! Your BFF, Kim

Hannah Farrington said...

Diane I am very sorry for your loss. I wish I could be there with you. I know you are a strong person but if you ever need anything just ask. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hannah