? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, January 18, 2010

Poop and Tears

We made it home safely from South Carolina this afternoon.  It was a very quiet afternoon/evening with just Julian and I.  Tonight is our first "normal" night since Andrew has left.  Normal as in "normal for the next year" meaning just Julian and I, 7:30 bedtime for him, and me sipping wine (and/or eating ice cream) while watching tv in an all too silent living room.  The only thing that made this day go a little haywire was the fact that Abby is having her "anxiety poops"--the big problem is that she never once asked to go outside to take care of business and instead took care of it twice in Julian's room and once in the living room.  Tonight I would like to thank God above for putting whoever invented the Bissell Spot Bot on this earth. 

Photobucket

Also, I would like to thank my sister who will be taking Abby off of my hands when I travel to Maine in June-she just isn't fully aware of it yet.  I'll get her back after Andrew comes home.  I don't think Andrew will like it very much if I do that though.  I have also considered the option of getting another, much calmer dog to give her someone to play with and learn some manners from.  Britt saw two miniature dachsunds the other day on a busy highway.  If we hadn't been going away that day, we would have definitely gone back to get them.  That would be perfect for Abby the psychopath, anxiety ridden, can't hold my poop in long enough to get to the door dog!  Again, Andrew probably wouldn't like that either.

I did shed quite a few tears today.  Not only every time Abby pooed inside my home, but once when Julian and I were sitting in chairs on the back porch just enjoying the beautiful 65 degree weather...in January!  It was one of those overwhelming moments that literally makes your heart hurt when thinking about how much you miss someone.  I would have given so much just to have him out there with us.  No matter what we are doing, I always feel like I am forgetting something.  Sitting outside I figured out what it was-the missing link to our family, Andre/Daddy.  50 more weeks, 22 more paydays, 350 days.

Peak: The weather and taking full advantage of it by relaxing on the porch and Julian's fabulous mood that lasted from the time we stepped in the door all the way until his head hit his pillow and he went right to sleep.
Pitt: Abby. Did I mention she started this crap (no pun intended) almost immediately after I gave her a bath and washed her favorite blanket?  Little shit (pun intended).

Andrew Update: I didn't get to talk to him today as I was driving home when he had free time.  He did talk to and Skype with Fred, Joan, Angela, Christine, and Isabella though.

3 comments:

andrew zikowitz said...

i had anxiety poops too. put that in your andre update and smoke it.

im glad you sent me this, i read them all to catch up. love and miss you and buddy.

whitaker imagery said...

HEY!!!! If I am taking the poop machine, then I would hope that our Skype session was ALSO a peak of your day :(....uggh, feeling so unloved

vpparker said...

Don't forget to give your sister the Little Green Machine:-)

The Little Green has come in handyfor our household not only for the animals but also for our babies sick times.