? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yoga & Windstorms

Julian and I started Mom & Tot yoga at Flourish Wellness Center this morning!  J still has a cold so he was a bit cranky, but I had fun anyway and it will be a blast when he is feeling better.  Audrey is a great instructor and I highly recommend this class! (Wouldn't I make a great commercial?) 

I feel like I am beginning to get into a steady deployment routine.  I try to find fun outings for J and I each morning, come home for lunch and a nap, have some outside time in the afternoon, eat dinner, play, play, play, and get ready for bed.  It is working out well and time is starting to pass more quickly.  I don't feel quite as overwhelmed as I was feeling last week, but there is still always something that needs to be done.  There is no more waiting for A to come home to watch J so that I can get things done, so I feel like if something needs to get done, I might as well do it right then and there-no procrastinating.  It may seem like a good outlook, but it's not really.  Not in my situation anyway, because then I rarely take a minute to rest.  Now that we are in a good, manageable play/eat/sleep routine, I need a better work routine.  I need to learn when to let certain things go until later, or even the next day.  I still have plenty of time to figure it out though!

Meanwhile...

We have had high winds here lately.  I went outside to rake leaves and pecans today (worst job ever, those nuts are so heavy to rake when they are in the shell!) and noticed all of the damage the wind had done.  I will just have to add the fence repair to the "honey-do" list I have started for my Father-in-Law to tackle on his next visit!  The list also contains: fix two leaky faucets, paint master bathroom, paint house exterior, fix floor moldings between rooms (almost all of them have come up since Andrew left), fix the vent in the office, and replace my garbage disposal!  That's all...ha!

Photobucket
3 of the fence posts that are pulling (or have already pulled) apart. (Andre, this is the side of the fence facing the new neighbor's house)




Photobucket
A close up of one of the pulled apart fence posts. (Still facing the new neighbor's house)




Photobucket
This is the worst of the fence.  It split so bad you can see right into the (Puerto Rican Jehovah Witness) neighbors' yard. 




Photobucket
Just some of the branches that fell from the giant pecan tree in our yard.  One of them even split in the middle.  This also shows some of the heavy badass pecans that I have to rake (Thankfully Andrew did 4 trashbags full before he left!)


Peak: All of the exercise I got (between yoga and 2 hours of raking), and dinner night at Melissa's!
Pitt: Realizing my fence needs repairing all the way around.

Andre Update: I have gotten to talk to him on Facebook chat the past 2 nights!  He is still away from "home" and a little frustrated with it.  But I think he is beginning to just laugh the ridiculousness of it all!  He is really missing home, and we are really missing him.  He will hopefully be getting lots of packages, letters, and presents soon as I have heard of lots of people sending love his way.  That should help, presents are fun! I love you, babshe!

0 comments: