? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No Sleep

Julian was up for most of the night last night.  I finally turned in at 11:30, only to hear him screaming at his bedroom door a half hour later.  I knew that his cry meant he was having bad dreams and would not go back to sleep on his own.  So, I did something we very rarely do (but admittedly have started to do more often)-I put him in bed with me.  He woke up every 10-20 minutes crying, whimpering, and even screaming once-the highest pitched scream I have ever heard come out of him.  It made my heart race for about 10 minutes.  A few times he put his hands up toward the ceiling fan and yelled "no! no! no!"  I think he was delusional.  Maybe he thought the fan was going to fall on him? (I've done that in my sleep...don't judge.)  At 4:30 he decided it would be a good time to end the night terrors and just get up for the day.  I tried so hard to get him to go back to sleep, and then I tried even harder just to get him to lay in bed and watch TV (ha!).  All he wanted to do was hand me my water glass, throw my cell phone at me, put on my glasses, play with his monitor, the list of annoyances goes on...I was doomed.  Until 6:30 anyway, when I decided that I couldn't keep my eyes open another minute.  That's when I took him to wake up his Memere and let her (ok begged her) to take him and let me go back to sleep.  Everytime he has done this, I have had help.  He did it exactly a week ago when I was at Kim's recovering from our loss.  MiMi was there to rescue me (and she even offered!)  And before that, Andrew was here so we could at least take turns sleeping.  Mom goes home at the end of the week and when this happens again, I have no one to help.  So this is single parenthood.  Thumbs down to that.  Is it 2011 yet??

No word from Andrew today.  Booo.

**Positive Note: After a much needed nap (for everyone), we went out to dinner and Julian actually sat still, ate his dinner, and behaved!!  Believe it!

0 comments: