? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, January 14, 2010

When life hands you lemons...

I have a new deployment goal.  When a friend asks to hang out or go on a weekend road trip, do it!  And say yes right away without any reservations! 

This week I have witnessed my friend Britt's spontaneity.  On Monday I called her at the last minute to go to Red Robin, she was there in minutes!  Tonight, Kim asked us to go over and watch the Bachelor. She was immediately all for it.  Before leaving Kim's, we asked her to join us on our weekend getaway to South Carolina, and again, without a doubt she was in.

 I often second guess myself on going out or going on trips.  I think of Julian and uprooting him. I think of how tired I am and how I just want to go to bed early (although here I am at 11:00pm again!)  And lately I have been thinking about how I need to get into a routine of being on my own.  I recently told my mom that I really need to get used to this whole deployment thing and doing everything myself.  It was the biggest part of why I didn't want to head to Maine.  I feel a little guilty for heading out to South Carolina, which has made me second guess my decision to go.  However, there is a big difference of going 3 hours south for a weekend compared to driving 2 days north for a couple weeks only to stress out about getting around to see everyone.  I want this deployment to go by quickly, I want to become more independent.  I can begin to accomplish that by being more spontaneous; by dropping everything to have a little fun and adventure.  I also can't continue to worry about Julian's routine.  I know deep down he is flexible and schedule aside, he absolutely loves seeing and doing new things!  Everytime we have a family outing, or even just go to the library, he always drops what he is doing for a second to run over and give me a hug and a kiss.  I feel like it his little way of letting me know he is having fun and is enjoying our outing.

That's my rambling for the night!  Thanks for listening (reading...whatever).

Peak: Having pizza and brownies and watching The Bachelor with Kim and Britt
Pitt: Day 2 of No Nap and No Andre Call

Andre Update: No phone call again today, but a nice email this morning.  Andrew is traveling between the 3 FOB's (forward operating base's) that his soldiers are stationed at.  I can tell you that he is not at his "home" FOB for the next couple of days.  He does still have access to email and phone, but he is what we call "The Man" so we can't expect to hear from him everyday :) 

2 comments:

The Power Family said...

I, too, need to be more spontaneous!! I need to drop my reservations at the door and live a little!! =] *Just don't ask me to go skinny dipping at the beach this weekend.. it would be chunky dunking anyways* HAHAHA!!

jane doe said...

I really liked your post. Espeically because it really hits home. I do must learn to live alone, even if i do not want to I have too.. GReat post girl...