? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In a Nutshell

As I was reading to J tonight before bed, I realized two specific pages out of the book Love You Forever written by Robert Munsch sums up J and how I feel about him quite well.  The two pages read:

"The baby grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two years old, and he ran all around the house. He pulled all the books off the shelves. He pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and he took his mother's watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes his mother would say, this kid is driving me CRAZY!

But at night time, when that two-year-old was quiet, she opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor, looked up over the side of his bed; and if he was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."

J pulls all of the books off of his bookshelf on a daily basis, just yesterday I put a refrigerator lock on the refrigerator after he shattered a bottle of soy sauce on the kitchen floor, I always catch him throwing stuff in the toilet.  And as much as he drives me crazy, I could never, ever stop loving him.  And everynight before I go to bed, I sneak into his room and give him two kisses-one from me, one from Daddy-and tell him how much I love him.

I even have picture proof of our life in a nutshell:








From this...





To this...

Peak: Playing hide and seek with J for an hour straight worth of giggles!
Pitt: J didn't nap. Not even close.

Andre Update: He called this afternoon and was very happy listening to a very vocal "little buddy" talking up a storm!  He got to hear him say "Daddy" "Abby" and his new words since A left: "There you go" and "Puppy." We only got cut off one time and then it was a wonderful, solid 20 minute conversation. Relief! 


1 comments:

The Power Family said...

Great blog tonight D!! =] Love you!!