? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Museum & Circus

We had a busy day today!  This morning we went the Children's Museum and I hate to say it, but the $5.00 you pay for admissions is barely worth it. It is very outdated (I'm pretty sure the walls have peeling lead paint) and very few of the buttons you push to make noises and learn about different things worked.  The director (I think?) brought out a snake in the middle of our visit. I am not really into snakes in the first place, but it made me even more nervouse to have a random person bring it out, set it on a table, allow multiple kids (including mine with TT's supervision) touch it all at one time, and then take it off the table and not wash it after.  I just wanted to wash my hands as soon as we left.  I am sure I will be back, but I have to say-I was pretty dissapointed, but at least it gives us something to do.

Tonight we went to the circus.  We went early and had so much fun! We sat on the edge of the ring and watched all kinds of "pre-performances" and we even got clown noses.  The circus was pretty good too. J flipped out over popcorn being sold right in front of his face while I was out buying him some!  He calmed down when I came back with a box but then flipped out over a little boy sitting in front of him who was teasing him with a seriously overpriced circus toy-to which I responded by giving in and buying him the toy. He does love it though! 

Although the circus was a blast, the night ended sadly after we came home and looked up how they train the elephants at the circus.  I am completely horrified by what Ringling Brothers does to the animals (particularly the elephants)!  I am posting a few videos so that you will see why I will never again attend a circus featuring animals (at least until they stop these horrendous training methods!) 

*Please know that these videos are difficult to watch...




Peak: A fun day out (pre-elephant beatings)
Pitt: Watching an elephant drown

Andre Update: He called this morning before we left for the museum. He will have internet in his room again soon and we can Skype with much better quality. I am beyond excited!




0 comments: