? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, March 26, 2010

Easter "Egg" Decorating

This morning J went to PMO and I ran a bunch of errands that are just easier and faster without having to get him in and out of the car and without the inevitable attempts at diving out of shopping carts!  The idea of a shock collar has been on my mind since before A left for Afghanistan after seeing K use one with her dog Cadence.  Cadence is so good now that K doesn't even need to press the button anymore, she just points the remote at Cadence and she stops whatever behavior she is doing.  After A left, Abby has gotten 5 times worse, and if you know Abby, that is pretty much rock bottom for the psycho dog.  I have tried clicker training again, but that doesn't help with poor behavior. I have tried calming vitamins for dogs (which I think are a placebo and only put my mind at ease!)  When I found out that I can return it after 60 days if it doesn't work, I was all about spending the money for it.  Now my problem is that J always wants the remote, so instead of Abby misbehaving, J throws a fit because I won't let him have it!

J didn't nap very long this afternoon and before I let myself drop into a pity party dwelling on the fact that another weekend is ahead and no husband to spend it with, I decided at the last minute to take J downtown to decorate easter eggs at the children's museum (yes, the crappy museum I recently complained about-and am about to again.)  It was occurring during "fourth friday" (every fourth friday of the month, all kinds of events/street vendors/arts/music happen downtown) so the museum was free, as are most of the activities going on.  The easter egg decorating was advertised to start 6:00, but the doors were locked, the temperature was dropping rapidly, and the rain was starting.  I called and of course someone was inside, but very rudely informed me that they would not be opening their doors until 7. Click. (No goodbye). So J and I went for a walk:

...and he held the umbrella.

After J led me into every single open store and restaurant on the street and getting a balloon from our friend HH, we headed back to the museum to carry out our original plan.  The easter eggs turned out to be pieces of oval construction paper with ribbon, foam cutouts, markers, and glue were provided to decorate. Disappointing!  But I did learn one thing: I really need to teach Julian the difference between chapstick and a glue stick!  Here he is working on his "creation" after the "don't put the gluestick on your lips" lesson:



And here is the finished product (He actually did everything but write his name.)

(Pretty disappointed that we spent an hour in the cold rain to do this. J had fun though and that's what counts!)

Peak: Watching J and N run through the leaves outside this afternoon and laugh hysterically (I also kidnapped N today so that K could have some K time!) and allowing J to lead the way on our walk downtown. He was so proud.
Pitt: After coming home to beautiful, sunny days (even putting J in shorts!) it is suddenly so cold and rainy. Boo.

Andre Update: Skype again this morning. It is now coming part of J's morning routine.  As soon as we gets up he points to the computer and says "Daddy?"  I usually wait a little while before giving turning on the computer (which gives me enough time to come up with a plan in the event Daddy isn't there!) I have been meaning to say this for awhile, but he has requested "no more sweets!" for awhile anyway. He is overloaded with Candy and Cookies and he is trying to get buff (hahahaha...what?) not fat (which is also laughable since he is not too big to begin with.) I mean...honey, you're huge! I love you!

0 comments: