? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 22, 2010

Survivors!

We did it!! We made it home!  J got a black eye before leaving and proceeded to give me a bloody, fat lip during his three hour meltdown during our layover.  But we made it and I didn't even cry!

Flight Stories:

Flight 1: I was about the 3rd person on and didn't even bother asking for help. I already had my plan of action organized in my head and decided to just proceed on my own.  It worked out just fine and J was happy-for about 5 minutes.  It was almost as if he understood the "we will be sitting right here for approximately the next 30 minutes, don't you dare get out of your seat and if your kid cries I will shoot you dirty, glaring looks until you shut him up" announcement. He started fussing and getting restless almost immediately!  I started pulling out the toys and he was only happy with the new play phone I bought him.  When it was time to finally leave, the flight attendant told me to turn it off!  I told her it was a play phone, to which she replied "it doesn't matter, it needs to be off." Feeling the frustration starting to rise, I looked at her in disbelief and said "it's fisher price! It doesn't even have an off button!"  I also asked if she was worried it would interfere with plane communication or if it was a distraction and she said "both." So I took it from him and allowed him to scream as loud as he could.  How's that for a distraction?  Since when do you have to turn off a fisher price toy!?  She was so adamant about it being "off" that I thought she was going to get me a screwdriver, make me open it and take the batteries out.

After taking off, J settled and watched his new Baby McDonald movie from his Aunt KeeKee.

Layover: I will never travel through DC again if I can help it. The whole going up stairs, across a terminal, down stairs to a shuttle bus, upstairs into a new terminal, downstairs to your gate, and then shuttling again to your plane is quite ridiculous.  Getting fed up again I asked "how do people who are handicapped do this? Where is the elevator?" Their reply? "Only elevator handicapped" (I know it makes no sense, English was a bit broken on security's end).  Anyway, after finally making it to where we needed to be and literally shaking from being so hungry and tired from lugging the carseat, diaper bag, and J up and down stairs, we got the most delicious panini I have ever eaten!  (I really didn't mean to share that detail with you, because really who cares? But it was that good!)  As soon as we got to our gate, meltdown mode began.  J wanted everyone's phone, he wanted to press the buttons that open all the locked doors, press the elevator button ("Only elevator handicapped"), take his shoes off and run, climb under, over, behind the seats-you name it, he did it with tears and screams the entire time. 

Flight 2: I got my very own shuttle bus to the plane with not one, but two airline workers to help me.  I was feeling quite special!  The flight attendant even hooked J's seat in for me.  When I got him buckled in, he kept saying "bottle, bottle" so I leaned forward to get it for him and when I sat back up he was fast asleep!  People were still getting on the plane!  I got a nice hour nap while he slept soundly for the entire flight!

B picked us up and helped with luggage, we are home, and J is sleeping soundly in his own bed!  As soon as we walked in the house he went in his room, pointed to his toy box and exclaimed "toyssss!"  I think he's happy to be here, but he is already missing Abby (only God knows why...)

Peak: Laying in my own bed. Ahhhhh.
Pitt: 3 hour meltdown and a bloody lip

Andre Update: I skyped with him this morning before I left and he called as soon as I laid J down for bed.  It was an unexpected, but pleasant surprise!  Phone calls are always a bonus since we usually just use skype!

0 comments: