? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Exhausted!

Saturday's are always long, boring, and exhausting.  There is usually absolutely nothing to do with kids on Saturdays around here and it really interferes with my whole "keeping busy" thing.  We did meet up with my mom's best friend's son, Mike today.  He is here for two weeks training on post so we got together for lunch.  We ate downtown at a cafe with outdoor seating, beer, and a pesky panhandler that got picked up to head to detox all in one lunch hour. Exciting stuff!

I just had to stop at the chocolate shop after lunch and get myself a chocolate covered strawberry the size of my head.  The owner convinced me to take a gummy worm for J, but what I didn't realize was that it was covered in chocolate. I planned on eating it myself, but J saw it so I caved and gave it to him (after all, he was a good boy at lunch).  He definitely went on a sugar rush, refused to nap, and then crashed on the couch for 40 minutes at 4:00.  He was pretty cranky when he woke up so we headed out for a walk. He didn't want to sit in his stroller (Mr. Independent had to walk right next to mommy). We heard Little C and J (ages 5 months and 2 years) playing (and fighting) outside next door so we headed over to see Momma C.  We sat outside until dinner time watching J and J get along quite well while I held little C and enjoyed all of his sweet smiles and face attacks. 

We found ways to keep busy, but the day was still slow. The anticipation of heading home in just 3 days isn't helping either.  I have a ton to do tomorrow and Monday before heading out Tuesday morning and I will probably be complaining that there isn't enough time in the day to get it all done.  Ready, Set, Go...

Peak: Warmer weather (but still not warm enough!)
Pitt: J didn't want me to rock him tonight. He wanted to have his book read to him while he laid in bed and I sat on the floor. Totally heartbreaking :(

Andre Update: To my surprise he called on Skype this morning. He is still at "home" because they won't travel if there is a single cloud in the sky (and they call themselves soldiers!) Oh well, I'd rather him stay put!  J enjoyed seeing his Daddy as soon as he woke up and babbled away in J world.  I love to see him interact with his Daddy on the computer (love it even more in person, but what can ya do?)

0 comments: