? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, March 18, 2010

God Bless 'Em!

I think I might be ready for my boring, slow days again!  This running all day, everday is wiping me out quickly.  The only plus is that there is a Dunkin Donuts (God Bless You, DD Coffee!) waiting for me at every corner up here. God Bless You, Maine!

I am about to tell you about my day, but first I need to remember what I did first...It's been that long of a day!  Ok, got it!  Mom got up with J again today and I am choosing not to feel guilty about it. She can sleep in everyday after I leave, so consider my tongue sticking out in her general direction. Haha, thanks Ma! (We even just had the discussion of why she should get up with him tomorrow too, and I won-of course!)  God Bless, Mom! 

After dragging myself out of bed at 7:45 (and yes, that is sleeping in) J and I got ready and headed to my Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandma needed some things at the grocery store, so off we went. J needs to learn some grocery store manners!  He only sat in his car cart for about 5 minutes, before climbing out and putting lentil beans in some random guy's basket while I was looking for tartar sauce for Grandma!  After a little bribing with animal crackers, he got back in, fast forward another 5 minutes to when he turned the entire box upside down (on purpose) and dumped the majority of them on the floor, and then threw a FIT when I picked them up and refused to give them to him.  The fit continued until it was time to go and Grandma (who is about to turn 90) grabbed him and ran out of the store with him flying like an airplane.  God Bless You, Grandma!

During lunch with Grandma and Grandpa (after Gma spilled corned beef juice down the front of my white shirt and the proceeded to burn a spatula) we had a good discussion about Gpa's time as a merchant marine during World War II.  He was away at war for almost two years!  We continued to discuss the differences (and reminders that I have it good-just a year, I know when he is coming home, and we get to talk, email, see eachother on the computer, etc!) between then and now.  Suddenly Gpa got quiet, looked over at Gma with red, teary eyes and said "I kinda missed you...a lot".  I lost all emotional control and let the tears slide down my face too.  (I am tearing up again just writing about it.)  They have been happily married for almost 70 years and are still madly in love (Gma still calls Gpa her "boyfriend").  If I can remember, I will take a picture of the poem he wrote to her letting her know that the war was over and he was coming home and will blog it for you.  God Bless Love.

I tried to come back to Mom's for some down time this afternoon, but J had other plans-plans that included no less than 2 hours of meltdowns due to sleep deprivation.  I finally gave into the fact that he was not going to nap and put him in the car. He fell asleep within minutes! I stayed in the car with him while Mom ran some errands.  God Bless Quiet Time (and Dunkin Donuts again!)

As soon as we got back to Mom's house my all time best friend Andy (even though we have a seriously love-hate relationship) called. He doesn't live as close as he used to and wanted to meet for dinner with our other good friend Ashton. Ma watched J and I headed back out for a quiet dinner with two of my favorite boys from back in the day.  God Bless Old Friends!

And now here I am, back at Ma's, uselessly telling you all the useless details of my day!  Hope you enjoyed it!

Peak: Talking with Gma and Gpa and dinner with A & A
Pitt: 2 hour meltdown

Andre Update: Nothing today. Pout.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Diane! That story about your Grandma and Grandpa brought me to tears. They are so cute! How great for you to hear those memories! Please tell them I say HI!