? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, March 5, 2010

Slow Day.

We were up, fed, dressed and out of the house by 8:00 this morning.  Of course in this town it's not really helpful as nothing opens until 9 or later.  We did find that the carwash was opened and after my GPS took Britt and I down some scary dirt roads one night it definitely need a scrubbing.  The vacuuming it needed was even more desperate-there was at least a half box of cheddar whales (cheap-o delicious goldfish!) smashed into the carpet and various other food crumbs that dropped (or were thrown) during our 2 hour road trips last week.

I brought J to PMO this morning and took that time to finally put the rest of the Christmas stuff in the attic, dig through my school boxes for more books (because I am sick of reading the same ones to J everyday!) and get the house picked up and vacuumed.  I even sat down for 30 minutes and enjoyed a hot cup of coffee in peace.  Even Abby was quiet, and I actually pet her for a good chunk of that 30 minutes.  This week has really opened my eyes to how uplifting "me time" can be.  It needs to remain a part of my weekly schedule!

J and I have been doing starfall on the computer lately. It is a really fun phonics program that I used to use in my classroom.  J has been doing Aa and Bb since Monday.  He doesnt say the sounds to me when we are doing the program, but when I put him down for his nap the past few days I hear him saying "A ah ah ah" or "B buh buh buh" and it makes my heart swell.  It lets me know that he knows the sound, but I didn't know he could recognize the letter-until his PMO teacher told me they were finger painting with shaving cream today and she drew an A in everyone's shaving cream and J announced "A! Ah Ah Ah!" quite loudly. So she did B-same thing! "B! Buh Buh Buh!" They were so surprised and cheering him on. When they did C (which I haven't introduced yet) he just clapped his hands and said "yayyy!"  He came home with two star stickers on his hand! 

This also tells me something else: When I tell him to do or not to do something, I now know that he understands me!  Such selective hearing!

Peak: J will be reading by the time he is 3! (Well maybe I am a little ahead of myself, but I am still proud!)
Pitt: Meltdowns everynight while I am attempting to make nice meals for my toddler are becoming overrated. Tonight was salmon, green beans and stuffing, and the effort was almost not worth it!

Andre Update: As soon I posted last night, he called me on Skype!  I wont be able to talk to him at Skype as he is away from his home base again, but we will hopefully get a phone call tomorrow. No word today.

0 comments: