? ??????????????Floral Misconception? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 2458 Total Gra
bs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Simple Elegance? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (17 Ratings)??122 Grabs Today. 5830 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spaaaahhhh and Chocolate

I went to the spa today to get my hair cut and colored (I hadn't been since before Thanksgiving, and with a haircut this short, I really need to be going every 6-8 weeks!)  So thanks to A's Aunts I got the kick in the rear to go do something for myself and it was their treat.  Thank you so much, it was much needed (for both the hair and my own personal sanity!)

Since I was feeling so pampered, as soon as we got home it was naptime.  While J was in his room telling himself all kinds of stories, I snuggled into bed with lindt chocolates, a deliciously hot cup of coffee, and letters from A.  We bought a journal just before deployment day with the idea of writing in it a few times and sending it back and forth.  Now that A is settled in, I finally got it back with several letters in it.  I could only read two at a time as I was getting very teary eyed with each passing one. As soon as J fell asleep and I had my fill of chocolate and coffee, I fell right to sleep too. (Caffeine does not have the desired effect on me!)  J and I had a nice quiet meal together-he ate everything and then some so I let him have half of my chocolate snack pack pudding (this is a huge step for me as we are all about feeding J lots of organics and very few sweets!)  Still feeling pampered, as soon as J was settled into bed, I took a nice hot bath and read some more of Chris Farley's biography! (Comedy fans, I highly recommend this book! There is so much to this man that we didn't see on SNL or Tommy Boy!)

I finally just got through all of A's letters and ate an entire sleeve of girl scout cookies (thin mints) with a nice tall glass of milk while reading.  I should probably mention that this occurred in under 15 minutes.  I think I should be proud, I know my Dad would be-but I have had a serious amount of chocolate today, and the full sleeve of thin mints might have been overdoing it.  What's done is done, so oh well!

Peak: Relaxation galore
Pitt: J melting down from 4:30-6:30 with no sign of giving up in the entire 2 hour period. After seeing him eat all of his dinner about as fast as I ate those cookies tells me that I was starving him. Sorry kid :(

Andre Update: I didn't here from him today, but I did get to talk to him on skype for about 30 minutes after I blogged last night.  Skype was working much better. They have been having some crazy rain in 'stan, A thinks that was the problem.

1 comments:

The Power Family said...

Sounds like your day was a good follow up from yesterday!! ALL about you!!! You deserve it!! =]